Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Gratitude Month--P

Pregnancy

Okay, I'll have to do a little explaining here. To be honest, I do not like to be pregnant or what it does to me. I am not even one of the sick sick pregnant people who throws up for nine months and is on bed rest for 3 months at the end. I think my pregnancies are pretty routine and the discomforts and horrible parts are really common. But it hard on me, nonetheless. I dread it each time and every day I am not pregnant, I feel grateful for how wonderful it feels. So it's weird that I decided to choose this one. But here's the thing, when it comes down to it, there is something very amazing and powerful and special in the fact that there is a real and perfect life growing in my body (not now) and that Heavenly Father lets us be such a huge part in the creation of life. I do love love love feeling that life inside of me moving all of the time, the excitement of everyone in the family as we can't wait to meet this new little spirit, and the overwhelming love you immediately feel upon that first meeting--much stronger than you knew was possible. And even though I feel so tired and sore and achy and miserable (wow, what a complainer--I'm just trying to be honest)--I am also truly amazed and grateful then entire time that this life can grow inside of me. I would not trade that experience for anything. It is amazing.

Power of Prayer
I am so grateful to know God hears and answers our prayers. I am grateful to have a way to communicate with Him throughout each day, to express gratitude and reset goals and ask for blessings when need be.


“Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day” (Alma 37:36–37; )

1 comment:

Chellayne said...

I could not agree with you more, especially right now as my little one moves inside me pregnancy is something wonderful.