The Good News--The GospelOkay, so this one is overwhelming to me. I am never able to express myself the way others seem to be able to, whether in writing or talking. To just state briefly and completely inadequately, I am very grateful Gospel of Jesus Christ and everything that it entails. For the knowledge, I have that Jesus Christ loves me, for the Atonment, for the scriptures, for the guidance of the spirit in our daily lives. It is true, it makes me a better person, it fills our lives with the spirit an strengthens us when we most need it.
"Wherever you live on this earth and whatever your life's situation may be, I testify to you that the gospel of Jesus Christ has the divine power to lift you to great heights from what appears at times to be an unbearable burden or weakness. The Lord knows your circumstances and your challenges. He said to Paul and to all of us, 'My grace is sufficient for thee.' And like Paul we can answer: 'My strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me' (2 Corinthians 12:9)."
"Have We Not Reason to Rejoice?" Ensign, Nov. 2007, 19, Dieter F. Uchtdorf
I don't know how many already know this song, but I have been in the primary here in Florida the last 3 months, and every time the children sing this song, it brings tears to my eyes. I think that I need to sing it every morning before I start my day.
These are both the same song and I had such a hard time choosing, so if you feel like listening you can choose the one above, which is a little girl singing it, or below is a group of young women. I love them both. . .
I hope I can do better to remember the Savior in my daily life and to act the way I would if I could see him right here beside me.
General Conference
Twice a year, in April and October. instead of our normal Sunday meetings, we have General Conference. The actual conference takes place in Salt Lake City, and is broadcast all over the world. It is 8+ hours (4 hours on Saturday and Sunday) of pure spiritual feasting for me. I remember enjoying conference even when I was younger, but nothing like I do now. It is amazing how each message seems tailored exactly to what I need to hear at the time. I am always very very thankful for the leaders of the church and the inspiration they receive to help us in our lives.

3 comments:
I completely agree with you! I too need to sing that song at the beginning of each day! I think sometimes I forget just how blessed I am to be apart of amazing church, and to be fortunate enough to have it in my life during these times. Thanks for sharing!
Great Gratitude post! I love that song too. I think I would be a kinder mother/wife if I remembered that song more.
What are you trying to do??? Make me cry or something? Love your entry on the Savior and the gospel! I too am so grateful for the Savior and His gospel. My life has meaning and purpose because of the Savior and His gospel. Makes me wonder how anyone makes it through this life without the good news.
Post a Comment