
Noses --I am grateful for a nose to smell with. Sure there are some smells you may not wish to experience, but there are so many good and fresh and wonderful smells--fresh mountain air, flowers, cedar, cinnamon apple Christmas scent stuff (?), Travis =), lots of foods, etc. And about the bad smells--what if you couldn't smell that milk has gone bad before tasting it? I have a friend who basically doesn't have a sense of smell (she is thin, granted)--and people always had to tell her when her baby needed to be changed. I had never thought of that before, but not being able to smell even the yucky things could be a problem. I am thankful my smeller works just fine.
Neighbors--Most of our married life we have been very blessed with having wonderful neighbors. I am so so grateful for them and their friendships and support and examples to me. Here we are, in the TLFs for these past 3 months, where we have gone through 13 sets of neighbors now (usually they are here 1-3 nights, and there have been a couple that we had for 1-2 weeks, and much of the time no one at all). It's been good for me to have to figure out how to solve my own problems and to learn that it is possible, but I am eternally grateful for all of my past neighbors and pray that Heavenly Father will one day bless me again with such people.

No comments:
Post a Comment