Saturday, November 15, 2008

Gratitude Month--L

Laughter

Point #1: I don't think anyone can argue that there is anything better than a baby's laugh.

Point #2: I always thought I would be at least kind of a patient Mom, but it turns out, it is harder than I thought it would be. When we can remember to implement it, one of the best strategies to help our kids behave and cheer me (and them) up at the same time, is to somehow make it into a joke. When I am tempted to just snap at Noah, because he is getting way too emotional, I can crack a joke, and --wow. He actually smiles and his meltdown is diffused--at least much of the time. I need to remember to try that more.

Point #3: Some of the best moments between Trav and myself are when some child does something funny, and our eyes meet and we start laughing. I don't know why, but I love that!

Humor is one of the best defenses against anger, it can bring peace and fun to our homes. I want our house to be a fun place for our kids. I want them to have lots of good memories and experiences that we will be talking about and laughing about in the future.


A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book. ~Irish Proverb



This was on the funniest home videos a long time ago--it's one of our favorites!

No comments: