
Our kids still have a Quiet time every day, even after they stop taking naps. It started with me not being quite ready to give up Noah's naptime when he was about 3. My original reasons were probably selfish, but I was also convinced he still needed his naps and might fall asleep once in awhile at least. But we soon started to see how good it was for the kids to have a time to themselves. Noah had to come up with something to do on his own and a whole new creative side started to emerge during rest time. He taught himself to read and did that a lot, drew pictures, made picture books, wrote recipes, and all kinds of cool things. And now with more than one child, I think it helps to separate them and let them have a little time to themselves sometimes. They are better friends later because of it (I think). And yes, I also enjoy that time to myself to reset, collect myself and accomplish all kinds of things in great time. Sometimes lately I will even take turns spending part of rest time with one child reading to them or writing with them. It's a good one on one time and I really enjoy it. I should do it more often. --oh so grateful am I for quiet time. . .

2 comments:
Ditto, ditto, ditto!
That's funny we have to do quite time too in our house! I agree it does help them play nicer together later and I need the break too!
Post a Comment