I am grateful that people are like JELLYBEANS--they come in so many flavors and that is what makes them fun. I love that everyone has a different personality and different views and ways of doing things. I love to see the things that I like and that I want to develope in myself. It makes me a better person (I hope). But after that one, I thought of an even better one. . .
JOY IN THE JOURNEY
In this last conference, President Monson gave a talk about having joy in the journey. These were a couple of my favorite quotes, because he says it best. . .
"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family. Throughout our lives, we must deal with change. Some changes are welcome; some are not. There are changes in our lives which are sudden, such as the unexpected passing of a loved one, an unforeseen illness, the loss of a possession we treasure. But most of the changes take place subtly and slowly."
. . .
"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly."
. . .
"Send that note to the friend you’ve been neglecting; give your child a hug; give your parents a hug; say “I love you” more; always express your thanks. Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved. Friends move away, children grow up, loved ones pass on. It’s so easy to take others for granted, until that day when they’re gone from our lives and we are left with feelings of “what if” and “if only.” Said author Harriet Beecher Stowe, “The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone.”4
I was trying to choose just one nice summarizing quote, but that was really hard. It is just a super great talk. To read the whole thing click here. I hope I can remember these things every day and use it to be a better mom, wife, and friend.

3 comments:
i loved that talk. it was one of my favorites. thanks for the good reminder!
Angela...I sure look forward to each day and what fascinating thing you say and how you word it so eloquently. Your'e amazing!
ah-hah! Joy in the journey is a great one. That was the theme when I was a counselor for academy for girls back in 98. I love that! Thanks for sharing the talk. I'm going to go read it!
Post a Comment