Sunday, November 16, 2008

Gratitude Month--M

My MOM

I admire my Mom more than I can possibly express. I always knew she was wonderful and did so much and sacrificed for us. Yet something about being a Mom myself makes me marvel every day and remember more of the things she did with us and wonder how in the world she had the patience and motivation to do it. From doing big projects and jobs with us to teach us the importance of work, to the work she put into Family Home Evening and teaching us the Gospel, to supporting us in whatever activities we were involved in. She went to Nursing school with 6 children at home! I went through that same program and barely made it with just myself to take care of. And she did it well. She is the best nurse anyone could ask for (just ask anyone who has ever had her as a labor nurse), and even a better mom and grandma.

My mom has always made me feel secure. She is calm in situations where a calm presence is needed. She loves her grandkids and expends more energy than she has in reserve to play with them and be with them. She puts everything she has into whatever she does and does it well.

My mom is genuine and real. She is caring and helpful, and so talented and creative. She is fun, and full of energy. And very selfless. She puts her whole self into whatever she is doing. She is amazing. And one of the most admirable things about her is her unconditional love and loyalty to her family. If we make a bad choice, she may hurt and ache for us and agonize over us, but she would never love us any less. She doesn't favor any of us over the others and there is no competition for her love. She has plenty to go aroundI love my mom!

3 comments:

mindy said...

Amen sister! I love your mom too! She is an amazing woman!

JaNae said...

We are definitely lucky!

THE JACKSONS said...

I have to agree, your mom is one in a million. It's obvious why you are such a good mom! You had a good example!