Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Gratitude Month--The Letter C



CLOUDS










I love clouds! I think they are one of God's most beautiful and fascinating creations. A cloudy sky makes the most breathtaking sunsets, and I love when you can see every type of cloud in the same sky. Sometimes they look so soft and pretty, and other times they are dark and powerful. The sun shines around them and gives them a heavenly glow. I find moments of great joy and peace when I get to stare at the clouds and think of the amazing creations the God has given us.



CHRISTMAS

I should choose just one because I really don't have time to write about everything I am possible grateful for, but I have to say Christmas, too. Or I should say the Christmas season. (Christmas is always a little sad for me because it means the end of the season). It has always been my very favorite time of year. It makes me sad to see the season go by faster and faster every year. As soon as Thanksgiving is over, the magical feeling starts. You can feel it in the air every day, as people become more Christ-centered and giving and happy. I loved the smells, the music, the decorations, and I love nativity sets. The past 2 years we have gone to creche exhibits, and those were the coolest thing ever. I especially love everyone joining to remember the story of the birth of our Savior, which helps us to remember why we are here and what this life is about. It helps us realize once again how much God loves us and is there to help us in this journey. I am so very grateful for Christmas.

1 comment:

Heather said...

oh - i love clouds. that's a good one to note.

I keep having a hard time picking just one thing too. Which means this is a great activity so i can remember all the good things in my life.

p.s. i really am the grouchiest ever sometimes. i used to think that i would be the most patient mom, but i now realize it does not always come natural. sigh...