Sunday, November 9, 2008

Gratitude Month--F

Friends
Obviously there is no way I can name and tell about all of the friends I am grateful for--but trully I am so grateful for amazing friends. I was blessed to have some wonderful and true friends throughout my childhood. I didn't even realize that that was a rare thing at the time, until I saw other people and their relationships with friends that could be mean and catty. Having good friends who had the same love of sports and outdoors, and the same values as me, who helped me to be better instead of bringing me down--I can't even express how grateful I am for that and the way it made me a happier person. I was so shy growing up, but was able to get around it somehow with great friends.

I remember thinking when I was engaged and then as a newlywed, that all I would ever need was Travis. And in a way this is true, of course, but I have come to realize that women really really need other women. Someone who you can call the smallest of exciting news (a new tooth, first haircut, etc) and they will jump up and down with you and react just the way you need them to. Someone who knows what it's like to be a wife and mother and relates so well with you. My friends inspire me. Everyone has different traits that I admire and want to develop in myself and it is so good to trade ideas of how to be better. I think Travis would say "Amen" when I say I am grateful for my friends.

4 comments:

THE JACKSONS said...

I couldn't agree with you more about the benefits of having good friends! Good friends love you as are, and in my case I always like to surround myself with women that I admire because hopefully their goodness will rub off on me. For some reason I feel inspired by righteous friends. Thanks for being one of those friends! You are awesome!

Marian said...

are you trying to make me cry with every post?

Us! said...

I'll second Travis's Amen! You hit the nail on the head sistah! As much as we need our hubby's they just don't give the required responses to some things do they? Miss having you next door....Got a moving date yet?

Jenni Taysom said...

I am so glad that I am one of your friends and that we were friends in high school and college. Truly we lived in a unique place and time - I never had any girlfriend trauma - all the girls that I new at Sugar Salem were always so nice to me. I will always remember that you and Valerie were the first to befriend me on my first day as a new student.
Thank you for being my friend.