Sunday, April 25, 2010

10K--take 2

Yesterday Trav and I ran our second 10K. After the first one, it was so great and fun and felt so good that I was pumped to do it more and better and faster, etc. Well, I have to say this one was not as fun for me! I woke up feeling yucky, got a side ache jogging with Trav to the start line, and it was not a run day for me. If I didn't have Trav with me I would have starting walking after 3 miles, but there he was a step in front of me and pushing me faster. He swears that he thought we were going a slower pace than we did on our first 10K, but it was killing me. I kept asking him if he knew how far we had gone, and where was the next marker. They were big and neon yellow but somehow I kept missing them! Maybe it was my vision was blurred and I was concentrating too hard on the ground in front of me. At one point, I told Trav dramatically "Please honey, just go ahead without me!" He said no thanks, he was fine, and we somehow made it through. The last quarter of a mile I even was able to kick it up and sprint past the group in front of us. And then promptly wanted to pass out on the grass. And as I saw the timer, it all felt a little more worth it, because it was more than 4 minutes faster than our time last time! 48:13. And I was second in my age group and 9th out of 166 women. So then it was fun again. Until we got home and I felt nauseated and like I still wanted to pass out for the next 6 hours. I really don't think it was the run that did it, though. Usually after running I feel tired but really awesome at the same time. Not so yesterday. I only felt awful. Surely I had some bug or started out way too dehydrated or something. Hmmm. --And now I am adding to this post and I have been nauseated and lightheaded for 3 days. Too bad to can't choose your race days. At least Trav had fun, he says he felt pretty good =).

3 comments:

Marian said...

i can't believe you kept running! go, you! sorry you've felt yuck this long. hopefully you feel better soon!

Candie said...

Ummm...after reading the blog about Micah all the sudden noticing and loving babies...and you being nauseated...well...I'm just thinking... :O)

Way to go for running when you weren't feeling well. I would have stopped before I even started. You go girl!

Us! said...

I admit my mind went the same direction...baby for micah?? =)