Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

Friday night festivities--pumpkin carving...




It's funny all the comments we got from amazed trick-or-treaters about these pumpkins. We were the professional pumpkin carving family. But these cheating pumpkin carving kits have been around for ages--they should all know it took no creativity or talent on our part. I do love these kits and the cool things you can do with pumpkins, though. I know I should stick the the traditional and let each kids draw their own cool face design, and we would have let them if they wanted, but these are what they wanted. Really.
My mad scientiest. He couldn't have chosen a costume to suit him better...

Kaden robot. He and Noah decorated and designed this box all pretty much on their own. That makes for a fun and easy costume!

Ammon
Just trying the gorilla on Micah, but the fact is, I always fall back on the lion costume at this age. Noah wore it, Kaden wore it, Ammon wore it, and while that may seem unoriginal (it is!)--it's become tradition and they have all look so darn cute in it. Just wait...
Seee?

I remember other kids not tolerating the hood being up very well, we just had to put it up for a quick picture. But this kid seemed to love it!



Happy Halloween! We just went around the block here in our neighborhood--it was so nice because here in York County there is a time set--6 to 8 pm. And most people come out on their driveways and make it fun and easy and safe. We made it around the block and then the kids each picked out the 10 pieces they wanted to keep and put the rest in our bucket to give to other trick-or-treaters. Every year is a struggle to decide what we want to do as far as Halloween candy goes. Our dentist actually buys Halloween candy from kids, so I thought of doing that, too, but they were excited to go back out and empty their buckets in Daddy's bowl, so that's what we did....Ammon has talked about nothing but candy in the past few days, though. It turns him into a monster! I guess that's fitting for Halloween, but it drives me a little nuts...

5 comments:

Melissa Voss said...

Awww... They all look great!

Melissa Voss said...

And I agree... the lion is sure cute on him!

Chellayne said...

It sounds like you had a great time.You're such a great Mom!

JaNae said...

Definitely cute kids!

Marian said...

so cute! i remember noah in that lion costume - almost made me shed a tear! miss you!!