Sunday, November 1, 2009
Festive
Here are a couple of my attempts to load the kids up on fun healthy foods before trick-or-treating last night. These were idea I got off of the internet and copied, I think from familyfun.com. That's the hardest thing about sweet things for me, you can always make such cute and fun and festive things with candy and frosting...not always to easy with the healthy food. Anyway, this is part of our dinner that helped us feel better about eating candy later...
Maybe I should just relax and not flip out about the beginning of the eight month candy binge. I don't remember my parents every throwing fits and becoming crazy candy policemen. We brought home as much as we could gather and ate what we wanted of it when we wanted to. I don't feel like it was a horrible thing, and yet I don't like it. Maybe part of it is that I am trying so hard to be healthy myself, and when the candy is there--I want it. Not only do I want it, but I EAT it, and it doesn't make me feel good. So the greatest solution would be for me to gain some self discipline, huh....
Regardless, these were fun and cute and the kids loved them and ate it all up, plus the leftover veggies that didn't fit into the skeleton.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm so with you on the whole candy crap thing. My parents just let us go at it, and I hate thinking about letting my kids do that. I myself try to be healthy and am trying to pass that on to my kids. But sometimes I wonder, do I just need to chill? I wish somebody could tell me if I'm psycho or not?
Angela, you are doing this candy thing right. Candy is not good for us! I tried to reduce my kids' candy consumption in past years, then gave up the last two Halloweens. I think next time I will copy you! 10 pieces is so much better than a whole bag! I did laugh when you called it an 8 month candy binge though, 10 pieces in 8 months??? :)
Post a Comment