Saturday, August 30, 2008

Feeding Goats

So we have had to try and find things to do to occupy our time here in Florida, especially before school started. You can only stay cooped up in a TLF for so long, yet it rained a lot and when it wasn't raining, it was very hot and humid (or yes, Micah would be napping at just the wrong times. I should just let him get used to being dragged around, but he already got messed up in the move and I felt I owed it to him to let him catch up on sleep just a little bit). But what I am getting at with this whole story, is that I remembered this place we used to stop at once in a while when we lived here before, with a whole bunch of goats that the kids loved
So we found them, and have gone there a few times. That way,
even if it is scorching hot outside, I can have Micah stay in the car
with the air conditioner on and it's not for too long.

Here is a story about Noah and his tender heart. When you go
up to the fence, the goats all flock to you and try to get the
bread. There were some cute baby goats right at the fence,
but usually as you try to put a piece in their mouths, one of
the big ones with butt the little one with his horns so he can
get the food instead. It's always bothered me, but I can trick
them and somehow get it to the little ones. And Noah was
almost in tears every time it happened, so I had to not be
annoyed by it and assure Noah it was okay and we would make
sure they got some.