Saturday, August 30, 2008

1rst Grade

Okay so I forgot the camera on the very first day of school. This is actually the second day of school. It almost killed me to Noah on the bus the first few times. He is the first one on and looks so small compared to a big full size bus. I would drive him to school if it weren't for 3 things. #1 He was SO excited to ride the bus #2 School starts here at 7:25 a.m. and he has to be at the bus stop at 6:56. #3 I can't imagine having to get 4 kids up and ready and out the door to take him and and then I would have to interrupt naps to go and get him. -- It really works out for the best, but even then I would take him in a heartbeat if it weren't for him loving to "ride the bus". It's good we live on base because some
how that makes me feel better about the whole
thing.

So they have Pre-K here in Florida as part of
the school system, which means it is free for
3 hours a day, 5 days a week. We got Kaden
on a waiting list and he started Thursday. . .
and he starts at 7:15! I took him the first day
and showed Noah where Kaden's class was,
and yesterday they rode the bus together
(aaah!), and Noah walked him to his class. I
haven't gotten a picture of them together yet.
I kind of wish I could send him for only 2 or 3 days a week. He really wants to go to school and loves it, but I need to be broken in a little. And poor little Ammon gets left behind. He keeps insisting to me "Mom, I not 2, I am 5! I am a bewwy big boy! I need to go to school" I keep him happy by giving him a long bath and letting his animals (toys) swim. That is his new obsession. He would take baths 5 times a day if I let him.

No comments: