My baby is already one month old! And since she was born weighing over 9 lbs, and since I have had a couple of friends have tiny babies recently, she is already getting kind of big. How I wished for a nice small 7 lb baby that would stay small for awhile. But I so would not trade the chubby cheeks and thighs and the waking up only once on most nights! Taryn weighed 10 lbs even at 3 weeks so I imagine she is close to 11 now. She needs a LOT of sleep and doesn't always get it nowadays, since she doesn't just fall asleep when tired and I have a hard time getting her to sleep....and that in addition to lots of air bubbles and reflux have made for a bit of fussiness. I have dealt with fussy babes before, yet you wouldn't know it on those days she has fussed for an hour or 2 and Trav comes home and my eyes start to tear up. It's just a horrible feeling knowing your baby is unhappy or uncomfortable and not having any idea how to fix it for her.
When she gets enough sleep, though, she is happy and wiggly and content, and she has already smiled quite a few times. I had also forgotten how hard it is to get things done with a baby, we are always hard pressed to get out the door at all. My parents have been here for 2 1/2 weeks (how that time has sped by!) and I don't know how I am going to function when they leave me this week. Whether it is my Mom soothing Taryn for me or making dinner, or both Mom and Dad playing with and occupying the boys....or Dad watching kids while Mom and Taryn and I go and run errands....or just having other adults in the house to encourage and keep company and adore my kids so I don't forget how wonderful they are---it has been so good to have them around!

No comments:
Post a Comment