Friday, March 18, 2011

Week one

Nope--we are not at all tired around here. At least we shouldn't be. I am being completely spoiled. Travis has 2 weeks off, little Taryn sleeps 20-22 hours every day, and I get to sleep on my back and stomach. AND I haven't had to make dinner all week, except for last night when we let the kids have cereal with green milk....So explain to me why we are still so tired and why it looks like baby stuff exploded in our house. Sigh.
4 days old...
Still 4 days...

5 days old...

6 days old--she DOES open her eyes once in a while with some effort...

And she does frequently open her nice wide Passey mouth...

ONE WEEK OLD and sporting green on her due date...St Patricks Day



I remember feeling this way with Micah--the panic at every day that goes by and she will never again be 2 days old or 4 days old, or less than a week. It's so amazing to see the beginning of a new life and to marvel and soak in every moment.
And I got through almost a week before the post pregnancy tears started, so that was good--I almost thought they wouldn't come. Probably not everyone gets this, but I always suddenly feel overwhelmed (with hormones I am sure) and cry for a couple of days for no reason whatsoever. I think it's hormones, plus feeling so good that I think I can do anything and then discovering I am more beat up than I thought, and then being cooped up. But with a little TLC from the best husband ever, we get through it, and even laugh about it.

6 comments:

Chellayne said...

What a sweet baby and I'll just join your cry group, as I cried at this and anything else lately. Hang in there my friend. Gotta love hormones.

Heather said...

how fun to have a little girlie! I think 9 months of pregnancy (plus your insomnia)... and birthing a baby would make anyone tired for months (or maybe years). Being a mom is hard work! I have zippo energy these days. sigh... and I haven't even had my baby yet.

and i'm just glad to know that someone else has the hormone cries. hormones are killer things sometimes! I'm glad you have a good husband to help you out!

Take care!

Melissa said...

She certainly looks like she belongs in your family. All your kids look like little clones! I hope she keeps up the sleeping...I know its too early to tell. :) I too had those baby blues and would bawl for no reason at all. Its all good :)

Jenni Taysom said...

congratulations! how exciting to have a girl, I love my boys, but truly there is something so sweet and wonderful about little girls.
What a great labor and deliver story - it's nice when the labor gets to the finish quickly, that's quite similar to my last delivery.

Sarah said...

Gosh it feels like pilot training was yesterday. How'd you get to 5 so fast?! You are awesome! What a beautiful girl and I loved the birth story. I hope she stays a sleepy baby for you. Congratulations!

Lora said...

Ang, it is so WIERD to see all that pink and bows. I'm glad your milking it though. She is beautiful and reminds me of Saige, she had a ton of black hair and dark skin. Sadly it doesn't last but is fun while it's there. I love the pics of the boys holding Taryn. I hope I get to meet her before she's 5! Miss ya and good luck!