Anyway, we love Ammon. He is still my little boy who needs a lot of hugs and cuddles. In fact he would have me carry him around still if I would give into that.
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
My Ammon
Okay so his real birthday is not until Thursday, but we celebrated this past weekend because Travis was leaving and we didn't want him to miss this kids' birthday again. Ammon was more than happy to celebrate on a different day once he realized it meant it would be sooner. He decided last year he wanted a mailbox cake for his next birthday, and he has never wavered from that and has counted down for a year now. I hope it was worth his anticipation. And I made him an ice cream cake which was very nice for holding up a big mailbox.



Noah made real letters with poems and notes, and made little packages to put some little presents in for him. He loved that.
Ammon barely makes the cut off to start kindergarten here in Virginia. In Idaho he wouldn't have made it and I wouldn't have had to go through the torture of trying to decide what would be best for him. In the end I decided to enroll him this year in preschool instead and start kindergarten next year. As I watched some of his little friends get onto the bus this morning, I panicked again and questioned if I had done the right thing. But I have to think more long term and I think it's good. And he's very excited about preschool which will start next Monday. I think I would have had a heart attack all day if I had had to put him on that bus with his brothers. And all day every day just seems way too much to throw him into. This did not factor in my decision, but I can't imagine poor Micah's dismay if I had taken all of his brothers from him at once. As it was he asked me several times today about Noah and Kaden.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow, I can't believe all of your cakes Angela. Great job!
Holy moly. He cannot possibly be turning FIVE! Happy birthday big guy! (And as usual, amazing job on the cake.)
Your kids are hilariously awesome!!!!
Post a Comment