Saturday, July 3, 2010

Busy Busy





Ha, I had pictures after all...

Goodness. How is it that you feel all this freedom in the summer, and have a little more time, and do lots of things, but can't find the time to write about any of it? Maybe a little of it has to do with the fact that I was actually called as the new Primary President in our ward a couple of weeks ago. I feel utterly inadequate and clueless compared to the rest of the world, and I did feel panic up until the moment I was set apart. I know the Lord support and qualifies you for whatever he asks of you, but it still somehow surprised and amazed me to feel the panic dispel, and even though I still feel overwhelmed, it's a whole different state of being from serving as a counselor. And I feel excited about changing things up a bit and making it the best primary I can, and I feel like everything is going to be fine. Well, at least I felt that way until just after I was called, we found out that our Bishop suddenly got orders to move to Idaho, and will be gone in a couple of weeks. Hmmmm. Anyway, there is SO much involved in Primary and so many things our old Primary President did that I never had any idea she was doing. And half of our ward has moved or is very soon moving, so I just keep praying we can get some great families moving in before the end of the summer.



So I already see I am not going to be able to write a hundredth of what I have been thinking I need to write. One thing that I have been so grateful for lately and that brings me such warm feelings, is Noah in the mornings. Okay it's only been the past few mornings, and other times Noah can be such a challenging guy---but Micah has been waking up and I hear Noah go in to get him, and they end up reading books and playing games for an hour before I even see Micah in the mornings. It's so fun to have a child old enough to play with the youngest, and enjoying it at the same time. I think he is just now catching on to how to play with a 2 year old without getting frustrated. And how to not expect that certain 2 year old to be reasonable, and to not get offended when he doesn't react the way that's expected or desired. We are making progress.
Sometimes there is so much bickering and bugging and fighting that I feel discouraged. I love the moments that help me see they really do love and enjoy each other.

My last entry was when we were still in school. I probably have a few picture to post but I'll go through our summer so far.



Scout Camp: Our first whole week out of school. HOT HOT HOT, kids going home early and getting sick the first couple of days from heat exhaustion, but by the end of the week they seemed to adjust and finally take all the water drinking seriously. Trav got to go the first day and I got to go the next day. Noah had a BLAST. I was a little worried the heat would make the negative side of him come out, but he claimed it wasn't hot at all. And he drank and drank and drank and reported to me on the color when he went to the bathroom....



We have only had one normal Summer week since camp, and it's been so nice to not have much of a schedule to work around. Beach trips, park play, painting days, lots of drawing, working on flushing toilets (supposedly it is more difficult to do than I had known), and lots of primary stuff.



Last week was SO MUCH cooler than the couple before and it's been heavenly. We've tried to spend as much outside as possible, and it's amazing how much difference 10 degrees is. This week is supposed to be another killer.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Austin just had scout camp too, isn't it great! Congratulations on your calling; I am also the Primary President in our ward (since April)- we'll have to talk when you are here visiting! I'm looking forward to seeing you and your family!