Our pots--I seem to have a little better luck in the pots. Sometimes. Let's see what happens. In the meantime, I try not to get too attached, but it's harder because it's so exciting when you actually see things starting to grow.
Here's the garden a couple of weeks ago. Yes, it really needed a good weeding, but if I waited for that I may never get a good pictures. So of the 2 row of beans plants, 2 PLANTs came up, a few cucumber plants never made it out of the ground, but 3 transplants did. The zucchini is growing the best (everyone says that's because you can't kill it, but I certainly CAN and HAVE killed zucchini both times I have tried. So I am very excited). There are some jalepeno plants that haven't died but aren't growing much, and the squash doesn't seem to be growing either. The watermelon finally started to grow a little, but I just am not holding out a lot of hope. Oh, and the pumpkin plant behind the zucchini.
Friday, June 5, 2009
Our garden and my black thumbs
I obviously don't post pics to brag--since this garden is anything but beautiful. But I am excited to be TRYING to grow things and thought pictures would be a fun documentation of the process. I have never been good at keeping plants alive. But I want to be. This was a few weeks ago
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
i'm just like you with my garden - i wanted to take a picture because i was so proud that anything even started growing!!
Your lettuce is so lovely. I thought we'd try doing strawberries since Hannah loves them and they are so fun but they haven't been the sweetest or yummiest either.
We have way too many tomato plants because i thought our first 3 died and so i bought 3 more. Then the others resurrected themselves. Do you can your tomatoes? I'm trying to figure out what to do with them since I don't really like tomatoes (though Jimmy does). But I don't know how to can either. Good luck with the garden the rest of the summer. I hope we can keep ours going too!
good job! i am amazed. i have never tried to grow anything because i know i will just kill it. maybe one day i will try. when i grow up.
i remember your pots in front of the garage in mtn. home. :) you can't be that bad. good luck!
your lettuce looks great! wow. I just love having food from our own garden!
Hey, if you need a place to get rid of some of those yummy tomatoes, feel free to send some my way! LOL! You know how much I love them! Your garden looks great! I wish I was more like you, I just have zero interest in gardening, I'd rather be sewing. Not very useful when it's more important to have food to eat!
Your garden looks great, it is always so exciting to garden, and the food tastes so amazing. Looks like you will have a great crop.
Post a Comment