Sunday, April 26, 2009

Tubes

Noah finally got his tubes in his ears on Thursday. Trav was able to stay home with the other boys and Noah and I showed up at the hospital on base at 6:30 a.m. Noah was a little sad to have to get up so early. Me too...Anyway, getting tubes in is a very simple and quick procedure. But the whole thought of your little boy getting general anasthesia is still a little nerve wracking. Everything went perfectly, though. Not a whole lot of waiting, and the actual time Noah was away from me was only about 15 minutes or so. They brought me back to him before he came out of anesthesia. That
a tad bit creepy to see him completely unconscious, but after a few minutes of the nurse holding oxygen to his nose and the other one taking vitals, he kind of jerked awake and was in a very silly mood. I think more often kids feel disoriented and scared or cranky. But he was disoriented and very silly and happy. ..."I just don't know what happened!....I feel like I am not me....yeah, I feel like an astronaut!....Maybe I feel like Ammon, No--I feel like Micah! giggle" Funny boy. The nurse said he was possibly the happiest case of coming out of anesthesia she has seen, at least for
a long time. We went back upstairs and relaxed and ate Popsicles and jello, got some medicine and went home. Hopefully these tubes will help a ton--I am counting on it. The day before the surgery Micah threw up a couple of times and the past 2 days poor Kaden has been very sick and not keeping anything down. My theory is that the flu must be contagious over facebook. I have been reading about everyone's kids throwing up and feeling lucky, and walla...here we go. I hope it doesn't cycle through anyone else. Trav has the whole next week off to spend time with us and get lots of things done before deploying. I hope we can get things done and make good memories instead of sitting home miserable and flu-ey...



1 comment:

Claire Roach said...

Wow, I didn't realize Travis's deployment was coming up so soon! I hope you do have a non-sicky week before he goes. That's funny about Noah's reactions when he woke up. I wonder if the way someone wakes up after anesthesia shows their true self and personality. I was really confused after I had general anesthesia, which is pretty typical when I'm drug free, too. :)