Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day 7--Virginia Beach



The great thing about going to Virginia beach on a very cold day was that it was pretty deserted and everyone was dressed adequately. The kids didn't even seem to notice it was cold in their bare feet and coats. I, however was quite chilly and very glad I brought Micah's little parka (especially so I could later use his blanket for a scarf for myself =).


Neptune Statue--this was very big and cool...



Noah, Kaden and Ammon


View from the shore--I think this is both Tara's and my first view of the Atlantic Ocean. The whole reason we had to go despite the cold. It was Tara's last day with us...


Ammon


Kaden

Tara and Micah

I guess I look grumpy when I'm cold, but I wasn't feeling grumpy. Really!

We only saw after this picture that kids are not cupposed to climb on the artwork...

This was a coast guard station many years ago which is now a Coast Guard museum. Inside they had all kinds of information of methods they used to save ships in trouble (or at least all the people they could). I can't imagine how much worse it would have been when they didn't have the means to predict and follow hurricanes.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow - you guys did some really great things!!! What an adventure. We were going to go to California with Jimmy for a conference but I realized it would be me in a hotel with 3 kids for 3 days. And I knew with Max at his age, it would be hard. Hopefully you survived Micah not sleeping as well. Next time we go to Maryland to visit Jimmy's family I want to go do some of the cool D.C. stuff, especially some of the historical stuff in virginia.

Tara Timothy said...

Hey Ang, I need your pics from Virginia Beach! You didn't have those ones downloaded yet when I got the rest of them.