Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Can't get pictures!

Two weeks ago I was convinced Micah would not being walking anytime in the next 6 months and would be nursing until he was 3 years old. He still wants to nurse every 3 hours in the day (and he'll be a YEAR at the end of this week!), and really really wants it, and refused to walk. We suddenly realized he was already past the point where all 3 other boys walked, so Trav decided to do some intensive training. He would walk him around the house letting him just hold one hand. One of Micah's favorite past times is holding onto the back of various little vehicles while any one of his brothers rides them and pulls him around the house. He has a huge grin on his face the whole time he does it. Anyway, suddenly he is standing without holding onto anything for a few seconds at a time and has taken as many as 7-8 steps walking back and forth between Trav and me. Usually it's more like 3, but you know. Crazy. And also, since I had to leave him with my friend, Candie, last week for 6+ hours, I started trying to offer more cups and stretch his feedings a few days before. And he did great with Candie, not getting cranky or needy--and chugging a whole cup of milk and going down for the usual 2-3 hour nap. So now I see in him a future of walking and independance--and suddenly I want to cling to the baby/dependance again. I didn't want to wean him right this minute--just to know he wouldn't be a teenager first. In a way I feel the need to cling to his babyhood and not let him grow any more. It always goes too fast, but the past year has been way faster than it was even with my other boys. I guess life just gets busier and busier. And here I babble about nothing and haven't even gotten the little video of Micah walking so I can post it together. Someday. Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your lucky!! All three of my boys didn't walk til 14-15 months!
He is adorable--what eyes! Happy Birthday to him!