After a couple of weeks of intensive training, the little guy finally figured it out. Awhile ago he would climb up the stairs and I started to feel safe and let my guard down because he would book it up as fast as possible and if he wanted back down he would stand at the railing and yell for me, or me would lay on his stomach facing the stairs and reach his hand towards the stairs and not go near them. Then I started practicing the backwards thing with him, and when he finally seemed to catch on a little-- it got more scary. He would go down a stair or two and then sit back into thin air, thinking he had made it. Now as you can see, he's really checking what's underneath himself and making sure he's safe. Not that I can let my guard down now, but I see a future...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Look at him go!!! That is so good that you taught him that. Yah for Micah!!! I can't believe how big he's getting!
Wow! That kid is fast! He is such a different baby than the one who left Idaho!
Post a Comment