Monday, February 2, 2009

Hidden Talents

I knew Travis was pretty cool, and very good at a lot of things, but I had no idea that he could up and figure out how to make a desk and it to turn out this well. I LOVE it. We don't have any idea how to stain and finish things, but that's the next step. I just don't want to ruin it. I'm starting a list soon of what to have him make next.


6 comments:

April said...

He's got a talent, that is a great looking desk!I'd go to Lowes and get some tips on staining but it's really not that hard. Did he use the woodshop on base?

THE JACKSONS said...

Wow that is pretty cool! He did a great job on that desk! Mike and his dad are going to build shelves in our garage this March and Mike has been talking about building the boys there own toy boxes for their treasures! Have you told Travis about the Home Depot workshop for father and sons once a month. It's coming up this weekend at the Home Depot in Riverdale. Anyhow, I look forward to seeing the finished product stain and all!!!!

Melissa said...

Oh my, that is beautiful! We've tried making a few things out of wood in this house, they didn't turn out this pretty, and Jonathan knows it. :) Can I put in some requests of my own?

Melissa Voss said...

Wow!!! It turned out beautiful. I bet you're sure glad you got him those tools for Christmas! I am very impressed.

Marian said...

thoroughly impressed. it's beautiful.

Diane said...

Wow! Who would have known? Can he teach Ryan how to do that? :)