Sunday, February 15, 2009

Pizza, poems, and passeys




This is documentation that I am influenced for the good from my friends. So thanks to those of you who may have reminded me to help my kids have fun in their childhood instead of spending all of my time worrying about messes and doing things perfectly. I don't know why it's hard for me to let my kids help with things like this--they did such a good job. But as they started I almost decided to hurry and do the cheese myself and then let them put stuff where I pointed to. But I took a deep breath, and gave them the fixings and walked away to fold laundry. I am proud of myself. There are so many things I can let them do and it would be fun for them and help me out in the long run, too! Here's to first steps...

How's this for a handsome comb-over after a kind of bad (but okay for the 90 seconds that it took to do it) haircut. Trav says he's going to have to fix it by almost shaving his head, but luckily I don't think he'll get time to do that before he goes TDY to Vegas on Saturday. Not that I am happy he's going. On the contrary, I had to do sacrament meeting by myself today with all 4 boys and was pretty stressed at the thoughts of tdy's and the 4 month deployment coming up. He's pretty nice to have around.


One night these 3 somehow all ended up with superman p.j.s on and they were pretty excited about it.


Just a funny kids who chuckles most of the day long every day. Life is pretty amusing to this guy. Mostly I just like to take pictures of him to look at him even when I am not looking at him.

How my new haircut is really looking. I don't love it, not even a little bit, which is kind of sad. But I guess it's not often I have gotten a haircut I really love. Hmm, what does that say about me? Mostly I posted this picture because it went well with the story of Noah's poem. He was upstairs playing with Kaden and Ammon and came down with a little poem that he said popped into his head while he was playing, so he wrote it down and came to read it to me--on Valentine's Day, no less. Here it is.
"I love my mom. She 's the greaTEST.
I really like her. A little better than the REST."
I thought it was very sweet. Gotta cling to those moments of love. Kaden came and gave me a big hug today out of the blue, and I said "Kaden, will you still come and give me lots of hugs when you are 20 years old" and he said "Yes, Mom, I will never stop hugging you". Phew.

4 comments:

Heather said...

4-month deployment?? ouch! my sister amy's husband (in the air force) had to go to turkey for a year or 15 months or something like that without the fam. it was a crazy time for them. I hope it goes well for you. I hate when i get a haircut that i hate. it bugs forever until it grows out, huh. you babe reminds me so much of my babe with the fun smiles and lots-o-hair.

also - good job letting the kids help with the pizza. i have a hard time letting the kids help when it's a bigger mess to clean up after them. but i think it's a good thing to do. :)

happy day to you.

THE JACKSONS said...

I too have struggled with letting my kids help out because I would rather not have to clean up after the "help". But when I do relax we all have so much fun! The boys are really good at helping! Sorry to hear about you not liking your hair cut. That stinks! Fortunately hair grows, just not always as fast as we would like it to. I'm trying to grow mine out long enough so that I can donate it to Locks of Love. It's getting there....Maybe when Travis gets deployed you should come to Utah on "TDY". Hehehehe! We could have lots of fun and Ian should be good to go for lots of FUN!

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you did the pizza thing. Isn't it great! :) Micah looks exactly like Kaden in the profile shot. He really is super cute and smiley. When does Travis leave? I'm still thinking about coming up there...

Karri said...

He has the prettiest eyes! I need to be better about not worrying about messes too and let the kids help.