Friday, July 11, 2008

The Big Trip

Micah and I stayed with Trav's mom in the trailor and even had a hard time staying warm in there. Rumor has it that everyone in tents froze to death. Ammon stayed in the trailor, too. It was nice having a place for Micah to nap and Trav's mom watched him a lot so we could play. Thank you, Mom!


Trav took the 3 older boys out for a canoe ride, and then he and I got to go. It is so peaceful and so much fun--I really want to start doing stuff like this more.



While Trav and I were out on the canoe, Noah was throwing rocks into the lake and accidently threw himself in, too. I believe he made quite a scene, but had changed clothes and collected himself by the time we got back--having only the soggy shoes to show for it.



We spent lots of time at Nathan and Suzy's house, and everyone had so much fun playing with cousins and the little kittens outside. This is Noah with Taylor and D.J. They would sure love to get a pet. . .

I'm so glad Micah was really and truly smiling before we left on this trip, because it make it so fun for everyone to see him. I guess I should explain where we even went and what we did. We went up to Cheney, WA first, for a week and a half. Trav's parents and 3 of his brothers live there so we always have lots to do there when we visit. I am waiting to get pictures from all the people who had cameras when I couldn't find mine. . . Anyway, Trav was also able to do some training for work there so that we wouldn't have to rush on our drive to Florida and have him do it there. Then we drove across and up to Cardston, Alberta, where we had a big Pitcher Family Reunion. It was so fun to see everyone and their families. We stayed at a Bed and Breakfast there, and spent the days at the Reunion center and park. Then we headed down to Rexburg and spent a couple of days there and went to the temple. I am so excited that there is a temple there now--and it is so beautiful! We brought my niece Angela home with us, and sent Noah with Shauna for a week. Apparently Noah wasn't feeling well for a couple of days and took it out on them a bit, but Ang was an angel and a huge help for us! It was so fun to spend more time with her.