I did a horrible (or brave?) thing a couple of weeks ago, while Trav took Noah and Kaden to the Father and Sons campout and his phone was turned off. Really I didn't plan it that way. I decided I was going "yard-saling"--I was on the lookout for boy clothes, only everyone here seems to have only girls. . . So I found this little tykes slide for $3, and got it, and got a bike trailor/stroller for $15, and a few small things, and was done, but decided to drive around a little more. The next yard sale had an entertainment center for $50 that looked pretty nice. We have been kind of looking for one for a year and a half now (it was my bday present 2 years ago), but they are so expensive so I have to find one I really really love before I'll ever buy it. But this one was really nice and had some great storage features and I caved in and bought it. So there I am and I drive by another yard sale, and there is a beautiful entertainment center that I like better, and it is solid oak, which is important in the military when you want your furniture to survive lots of moving. I wanted it, but didn't get it right away, because I had already purchased one, but then I came back an hour later and got it. So long story ending abruptly, Trav vowed to never go on Father and sons again, but did approve of my taste and the deal I got in the end, and our friends are going to buy the first one from us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I love garage sales, or the dumpster. I got my coffee table out of the garbage, you would never know. Great finds!
Ang, I love your blog! I can't believe how big your boys are. Noah looks the same just in bigger form and Kaden I didn't reconize. I'm about to join the blog world too just working on the name, It's hard to find something. Good luck with your move to VA, Ry's parents live in Suffolk. I'll check back often to see how you are doing!
Love the blog. I hope we don't miss each other while you're in FL. I'm going to AZ until mid Aug. Hopefully you'll still be here! When do you come? Good luck with everything and your boys are too cute!
-Sarah
Hey, Angela and Travis! My husband learned last summer never to let me go garage-saleing, after I came home with a similar load, ha ha! We're fulling enjoying our cheap purchases now, though, so no regrets. ~Eldeen You guys can see what's going on with me at www.elliepickett.wordpress.com!
I'm so glad you've joined the blogger world! It's funny because I bought 2 pieces of furniture while Aaron was at the father/son campout with Moab! I didn't plan it either, it just happened. You got a good deal! I look forward to checking up on your guys via your blog.
I love your entertainment center. It looks really nice!!!
Post a Comment