Sunday, September 25, 2011

Ammon's Beach Party

I saw the sand pail birthday cake picture online and loved how fun (and EASYmostly) it looked. Ammon was all over it when I planted the seed and we decided to do a true beach birthday party. It's so nice to be at a place that the kids are going to have a blast no matter how disorganized and scatterbrained the party organizer may or may not be. I had all sorts of things planned that just didn't happen because #1: I am a scatterbrain, and #2: the kids were having too much fun and didn't even want the cupcakes until we forced them.




These cakes were SO yummy! I would like to say I did a healthy cake recipe like I have done in the past, but it was so much easier to just use a mix if I was going to be planning party stuff, too. It's fun how I start with thinking we will invite just two friends of choice, and then it blossoms. Mostly people would think it was not many but with 6 friends and all of their families, and then siblings, we had like 30 people. The weather was so nice to us!





Here is my 6 year old Birthday boy. What a fun and handsome kid.









1 comment:

Marian said...

such cute cupcakes! i love that idea. you are such a nice mom to do a party for your kids - i was just telling elsa i don't think i'm up for a party for her this year - with chad gone and victor being such a stinker, i just don't think i'm up for it. maybe i'll be braver in a month . . .