Sunday, January 30, 2011

Spur of the moment

I have the most wonderful husband ever. This year for my birthday he decided to take leave for a couple of days so we could go somewhere fun. Only we all got sick and have been in our deathbeds for the week and half before my birthday, so he didn't actually make any plans to go anywhere. So Thursday was the first day of leave, and we were not completely better yet, but were at least not in the fever and runny nose contagious stage anymore, and while I had Micah at the Dr to follow up on his pneumonia, Trav decided to just pack bags for everyone and he got a hotel in Raleigh, North Carolina for a couple of nights. When I got home we finished packing really quick and picked up Noah and Kaden from school, and we were off.

With our Air and Space Museum membership we can get into all kinds of science centers across the U.S. for free, so he had looked up what they had in North Carolina. We went to one on the way down. Then Friday morning we went to the temple in Raleigh and Trav and I took turns watching kids while the other of us did a temple session. Then we ate lunch and went to 2 more discovery centers.

Then Saturday morning we went to a HUGE natural science center right there in Raleigh. It's too bad that this was the first day that I actually remembered to bring the camera. But despite the lack of picture documentation, the whole trip was very fun. We were a bit more tired than usual, especially Micah--but that did mean that everyone but Noah slept the entire drive home yesterday and it was Heavenly.

Oh and Micah was in underwear the whole time! I guess we just aren't going back to diapers. He is doing SO well, although we did have 2 accidents the second day--I think it was because he was so tired and distracted, and the 2nd one was because Trav took him to the bathroom 10 minutes earlier and he wasn't able to go because they were cleaning it. Anyway, it was funny thinking how with Noah and Kaden I would have been so stressed out taking them on a trip right when they had started wearing underwear and been overwhelmed worrying about it. But it wasn't a question and we just did it and were prepared and he did great. It's funny thinking how much more relaxed you get about certain things with your 4th child.









3 comments:

Chellayne said...

What awesome birthday fun. Glad all is feeling better and potty training is so successful.

Tyler and ShaeLee May said...

Fun! I have to agree with getting more relaxed as more kids come. Looking back, I was pretty uptight with my first. Glad we can learn to relax a little.

Lora said...

I'm so glad you were able to get away, those last minute trips are always the best. Hooray for Trav! Miss ya and hope you are all feeling better!