Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Kaden


Today is a day to celebrate Kaden. Okay so it was actually on Monday...There are so many things I love about this boy. Travis's mom reminded me awhile ago what a difficult 2 year old Kaden once was. It's funny how I had forgotten that completely and she had to give me specific examples to spur my memory. He has come such a long way from the obstinate stubborn little 2 year old who wouldn't come home from the park with Grandma and she had to actually leave him there (just across the street) and get Travis so he could drag him home.

He has always loved food. It's very nice because that makes him my least picky eater and he tries really hard to pretty he likes things that he doesn't.
He has such a kind heart. He has a little dimpled shy smile he gets that is my favorite ever.
He is an artist. We are constantly amazed by the things he draws and the detail and imagination that goes into them.
He plays so well with his brothers, and is a sensitive soul.
He is so easily distracted, and when I get frustrated and how to refocus him so strongly, I sometimes think he just reminds me of me that way. I can't keep one task in my head for more than 30 seconds sometimes. I get frustrated with myself for that, too, though.
He writes me nice notes and makes little gifts for me all of the time. His favorite thing to tell me in notes lately is "I love you Mom. You mak the best dinrs"
He loves to ride his bike, and it's so sad I can't let him do it unless I am outside with him (it's that distractable thing, he just can't keep in his mind not to zip across or down the middle of the road and forgets!)
I can't believe Kaden is 7 already!! Once again I am starting to panic about how quickly the time has passed by. We love him!
And yes, this is our 3rd volcano cake and realistically there just wouldn't be snow around at the same time. For months Kaden has been telling me he wanted a hexagon stopsign cake (???) for this birthday, and then he suddenly changed his mind. So we had to come up with a different setting than the other 2 volcanos.

1 comment:

moaspen said...

very cool cake! Happy birthday to Kaden!