We went to Fun Fetal Fotos last night to have an ultrasound done and to finally find out for sure that we are having a little boy, so that people will stop telling me to have a girl. Even Travis has started teasing that we are having a girl more and more lately. It's completely ridiculous that I, a very frugal person, would pay to have an ultrasound, especially less than 2 weeks before our normal US is scheduled anyway. Originally I justified it by saying it would be like a 6 week difference in when we find out, and then called to get in and found out that this is a busy little place....Then I justified it by saying we had already decided to do it, and this way the entire family could be there and I knew they would love that.
I have to say I don't regret it. It really was fun to have all of my boys gathered around us. One of the first things this nice lady said to us, was a comment to Travis. "Well, obviously you are not a pilot!" It was so funny she would think to say that. She was totally surprised when we laughed and said that he actually was. I guess the rumors of pilots mostly having girls have been true in her case. Anyway, it took her 5 seconds of looking before she said "Well, Dad, you finally did it". What in the world was that supposed to mean? I mean I know it sounds like she is saying he is finally having a girl, but come on. We are the Passey Boys and Mom family, aren't we?
But no, apparently there really is a little girl inside there. I haven't let myself even ponder on the possibility of a girl this entire pregnancy. Little thoughts have come and differences I think to myself from my other pregnancies, but I brush the thought away and talk about our little boy. So now I just keep going over "she" and "her" in my head, and it's the weirdest feeling. It will take awhile to get used to the idea. We can talk about names now--where do we start? I always said we'd be in trouble if we ever had a girl, because we have serious issues on agreeing on girl names. Sigh.

15 comments:
Oh Angela.... I can hardly believe it myself!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!What more can I say??? I have to admit, I just have the hardest time even imagining your family with a sweet little girl...I'm so used to you and a gaggle of little boys. No doubt she will be just as cute and as adorable as your little men. Without a doubt she will be the most protected little girl. I really am so happy for you! In the end Heavenly Father wanted this Spirit in your family! On a more selfish note, now I have another friend with a girl that I can satiate my desire to shop for and create girly stuff for! FUN FUN FUN!!! Big Hugs Angela!
I always thought you needed a little girl so you could do her hair. All your hairstyling talents have been wasting away! You will do great with her! And I can't wait to meet my new little niece!
Yay!!! Congratulations!! I am so excited for you to have a girl! You're no longer alone!!
So so fun...wow the baby girl gifts your'e going to get spoiled with. I'm already thinking what I could make you. I also love the way you have with words..You could so write. The way you always so eloquently put things.
I clearly missed that you were having a baby!!! What awesome news! Congratulations on the Little Miss. Not that you wouldn't have completely loved having another little boy. And that last photo...she totally looks like her brothers! I think its the mouth. :)
congrats!!! yeah for lots of boys and a cute girl!
This is so great! I really hoped you would get a girl because it has been such a great experience for us to have finally have a girl. Ours is two years old and I still feel grateful every day that we got her. Your daughter will be a great blessing in your life!
Congrats! I didn't even know you were pregnant until I read your blog today, I just haven't been on the computer too much lately. I'm so excited for you.
Yay! Boys are great, but so are girls, and her big brothers will dote on her!
Wow! That is so exciting. She is going to be well protected, isn't she? Congratulations Angela & Travis!
congrats passey family! She will be coming to a wonderful family! :)
Cogratulations Ang! She will be well protected with those big brothers to look out for her. What fun for you. Ainsley is the craziest member of our family. I don't know if it's girl or her personality, I'm sure it's a little of both! So happy for you!
OH ANGELA!!!!! I am so excited for you!!! We are obviously very fond of girls here at our house so you having one makes me extra happy! Congratulations!
First of all, congrats, I didn't know you were pregnant! 2nd, she will be the luckiest girl in the world to have all those brothers look out for her and take care of her. 3rd - You should name her ShaeLee
ps girls are so fun to dress up and do their hair
Post a Comment