I get so excited when I find yummy recipes. This was on http://www.greenereating.com/ and is such an easy yummy and healthy snack. Trav is always my true gauge on goodness because he can be difficult to please with healthy things. But he came home before the kids got out of school and ate them all before they got home. Granted, he was really hungry, but he thought they were yummy. So I had to make a double batch, which lasted barely into the next day.
Raw Oatmeal Cookies
1 1/2 - 2 c oatmeal
1tsp cinnamon
1 c dates
1 c raisins
Combine oatmeal and cinnamon. Chop dates into a fine mush (I used a food processor). Mash together, add raisins and keep working it until it makes a dough that will stick together. I added a little water to help it along at that point. Roll into balls and smash into cookies and they are ready to eat.
I gave some to my friend and she admits they weren't her favorite, but she was expecting more of a cookie texture and taste and it's more like a great granola bar type....she liked it better after knowing that =).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i still haven't tried these - i need to go the commissary and get some dates. i'm excited to try though, especially if trav liked them!
Post a Comment