Saturday, January 30, 2010

Younger every year

Aging is such a weird thing. I never realized as a kid that most of the adults around me still felt like they did as 18 and 20 years old. So here I go, continuing to have birthdays every year, and looking to all the young folks to be an old fogie, seeing little 18 year olds going to college, who look SO young, and I feel a bit like I'm in the twilight zone. Oh well. But I had such a fun birthday this year. The night before my birthday a friend called to see if I could watch here little boy for a couple of hours the next morning. I had not other plans, and LOVE Lincoln, and that makes my day better to have a fun friend for Ammon to play with, so of course I said yes. But as I told Trav, he got kind of quiet for a few minutes and finally told me I ruined everything. He actually took leave for 2 days, and had talked to 2 different friends to arrange babysitting so that we could go to lunch and a movie, and the later go to dinner. He has never taken leave on my birthday, and I have to say that was the best possible gift ever. It was a very fun day of minimal cooking and lots of alone time with my best friend in the world, and it was great. We went to the 3D IMAX of Avatar, and that was also very cool. I have never been to a 3D movie ever, and I think I may have been to the IMAX once as a child for some documentary or something. I really liked the movie (although I wish I could plug our clearplay dvd player into the big movie screen--we got that at Christmas and I love being able to watch movies and not have to feel uncomfortable or irritated at all the horrible stuff they put in the movies). Anyway, it was a great day. My older boys were so excited that is was my birthday, and Ammon wondered how many days, and weeks and minutes until his birthday again, and Micah was just cute and clueless.

2 comments:

Julianne said...

Happy Birthday Angela! It IS different to get older. I went to a play group this week and I was 11 years older than one of the girls. I was shocked! Oh well, at least you still look like a 20-year old!

Julianne said...

Oh and I'd love to hear more about this Clearplay. How does it work?