Monday, January 4, 2010

KADEN is SIX!

Kaden says "I have waited for this day for so so long!" I asked if being six was everything he thought it would be and so far he says "yes!" Kaden is such a loving person--He's the one who doesn't always think about what he's doing, but when he causes harm, he genuinely feels bad. The one who runs from the bus and jumps on me to give me a big hug. He has a similarly cold body temperature as his mom, I believe and loves to wear warm jammies and snuggle into the warm covers. I love his deep dimples and happy face. Just this year, he has grown to really love drawing and coloring and astounds us with some of the things he does. I wouldn't have guessed him to be able to sit still and concentrate on things for a long period but he really does spend a lot of time creating. His birthday was on a Sunday this year (yesterday), and I certainly know how fun I thought Sunday bdays were growing up. Trav had most of the week off, so we made it a week of celebration and did a few fun things, like going to the planetarium, eating lunch at Chik-Filet (sp?)(really to play on the playground...), and watching "monsters vs aliens". Then he got to open presents before church and we had a family over for dinner after our new 1:00-4:00 church schedule (ugggh), and we brought out the cake. He wanted a volcano cake this year, which I already did for Noah last year, but I was able to make it different and fun, I thought.

Trav's contribution my masterpiece (okay, so I mostly got the idea on the Internet, at least the cool graham cracker sand and jello ocean--love it) was to put the hippo into the sharks mouth. The kids all seemed to really get a kick out of that part, too.


Kaden exclaimed "Mom I didn't know dinosaurs were on the Earth the same time as sharks, hippos, and ostriches!"



We sure love this boy. After causing me a little distress as a newborn with colic, then RSV and a bit of respiratory sickness overload for a couple of years, he's turned out pretty well, I must say. Not to embarrass him later in life, but I remember when he found his thumb at about 3 months old and it was the best thing ever. He just needed a comfort object and wouldn't take a pacifier, so for a couple of years he wandered sucking his thumb and holding his blanket. Happy Birthday Kaden!

3 comments:

Chellayne said...

Happy Birthday! I see alot of Noah in him.. Kids are sure growing.

Melissa Voss said...

So.. I can't believe he's already 6 either! He is such a cute little stud! And really.. he does sit still?!? Things have changed. Well, I hope he had a great birthday! Love you all and miss you!

moaspen said...

Awesome cake! Moab wanted a volcano cake when he turned 4, it's fun to see the different ways they can be done. Happy Birthday to Kaden!
~shiloh