
All summer long I felt so bad for Kaden. We don't have sidewalks here. In Mt Home, I used to just let the boys ride up and down the sidewalk in front of our house while I cooked and did dishes and watched them out the window. Then we came here and I just can't let them do it without being there with them. And then I was just a slacker and didn't do it much with him. He was using training wheels, and asked a lot to ride, and when he did he leaned so hard on those training wheels that they both bent up and then he started to tip over and not be able to balance even with the training wheels. So I started to ask Travis to please fix his training wheels, so I could finally let the poor boy go practice. Trav said he wasn't going to fix them, that instead he would show Kaden how to ride without them. My response was--first of all, Kaden is not close to being ready for that, hence the bent training wheels, second of all, Trav is not often home at the right time to teach him, and it would be impossible for me to teach him while having to keep all of the kids away from cars and danger. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago on a Saturday, I asked Travis if he would either fix the training wheels of teach Kaden. So he said yes. And he taught Kaden. Just like that. Well, they were outside for about 30 minutes before he came on got me to watch. And I was so excited and happy to see him doing it! (Which was not half as excited and proud as Kaden was). Once again I was very glad Trav was the one with him, though, because he was doing it, but still didn't know how to stop very well, and his handle bars were wobbling wildly back and forth and he crashed regularly when Trav wasn't there to catch him. So it makes me tense. But just in the time I was out there, he improved and learned and was a pro by the time I went inside. What a big day!
1 comment:
Yay! Isn't it so cool to see them do that. :)
Post a Comment