
Well, the first day of school is come and gone. Kaden was so excited that morning--he jumped up and down and hugged me a few times. I just hoped it would be as wonderful as he imagined it would be all summer long as he counted down. And it seems it was. His first comment to me after school was, "that was awesome!!!" He really really wanted to ride the bus, so I sent him off with a knot in my stomach. I know they take care of those lost kindergarteners, and it really helped to have Noah taking him under his wing, but it's still my little Kaden, and I can't imagine him being old enough for real school. And to not know how it all went until the end of the day!
Anyway, it also seems very strange to have a second grader. That sounds so much older than a first grader. He seemed to have a good day, too. He's a pro now, apparently. It's so nice to have him seem confident and comfortable with things. It was hard on him moving in the middle of the year last year, and into a class where everyone knew each other and had their own friends and groups. But he's done great. I'm proud of my 2 big boys, and we missed them. Ammon especially.
I love Kaden's umbrella as he gets off the bus. Surprised he didn't get turned in for carrying a dangerous weapon...
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun day. They're sure growing up. Wow! Does time fly.
Post a Comment