Why is it I am always trying just barely stay in control of my life--I never actually get to the point that I feel in control, and the control easily slips from my grasp and then it takes forever to get back to "almost"? That doesn't make any sense. Anyway, I need to post lots of pictures but there are so many to choose from and the task seems too much to accomplish right now. But usually that keeps me from writing anything, and I decided that shouldn't be the case right now. Shauna and her daughter Bailey came out to visit with us for a couple of weeks and it was seriously a blast. We made sure to fit in seeing as much of the east coast as we could with the kiddos in tow, and they tolerated and enjoyed it amazingly well. Pictures to come on some of that. Anyway, they left on Wednesday, and I have had a sad couple of days since then. This was my "look forward to" event, and now we are almost halfway done with this deployment. It's not like we aren't having fun without Travis here. It's really been a fun and enjoyable summer and has gone amazingly fast. We just miss him, and doing fun things almost makes you miss someone more when you wish they were there with you. I guess that's the way it's supposed to be--when you experience joy (like the gospel!) you want to share that with those you love. I am babbling.
Church today was so so good for me. Just what I have been needing to set my perspective again, feel the spirit and the confirmation of all things good and wonderful, and to feel better about everything. I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who knows what I need and when, and blesses and strengthens me in those moments. And now I really do need to do some of those things I renewed my strength to do...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You are so good Angela!!! You can make it a few more months. Heavenly Father sends strength when we need it most! Keep a goin'! (i feel like i'm at the 'almost' in control point for most of my life too)
I love your insight about wanting to share good things with your spouse and how it is similar in the gospel. So true! I know, it is a bummer having a husband gone during the summertime. But probably much better than during the holidays, right? :) Hang in there.
-Claire
Hey sis. I love you and I admire your faith! I miss you all so much and wish I could come keep you company. I have an award on my blog for ya if you want it... just stop by mine and get it. Love ya
Post a Comment