
Why is it that we have to relearn the same lessons over and over again? Seriously, whenever I start to really feel stressed and overwhelmed in life, get more easily irritable and not able to multitask at all, it always comes back to the fact that I am starting to slip on the important things. Reading scriptures with real intent, exercising (it makes me such the better person!), etc. And I even know that in my head, but my actual self waits a while before real resolving to do better. Meanwhile, things go downhill and life doesn’t seems as great. Last week was the resolve for me. I can do so much better after only one day—Life was great! Just think how great life gets when you do the important things every day, when you put them first. That’s the only way I can be happy with ME and be a better wife and mom and friend. So now that it’s all down in writing, I am not going to have to relearn this lesson, right? I guess that’s why we hear the same things over and over in church our whole lives, and each time is as powerful or more so than the last. And maybe that’s why I shouldn’t get so frustrated when I have to tell the same things to Kaden (I shouldn’t point him out over anyone else, really) over and over again, making eye contact and having him repeat. . .

2 comments:
One of my yw said the other night that her mom told her that she only really needed to read her scriptures once. Oh contrare! I feel just like you that I'm always relearning the same things. I'm sure Heavenly Father feels the same way about us as we do with our kids when we have to repeat. Thankfully he is probably more patient that I am. This really is a great reminder to think about all those important simple things that need to come first. I'm struggling just getting the basics done these days. Sorry the eternally long comment. I just connected with what you said. :) Happy day in florida to you! Avoid those hurricanes!!!
I agree, reminders are good because somehow I lose track of the things that are most important. So thanks for the reminder, Angela!
Post a Comment