On Mother's Day Travis told me that the following Friday I had a date and not to plan anything. Later that week my friend Nikki called and said they were stopping through on their way to the Outer Banks and wondering if they could spend the night. I told her yes and Trav said he would change plans. So as I stood there making pizza for the Spataro family, the doorbell rang and Trav made me go answer it, I was so confused when four of my wonderful friends were standing there and acting like I needed to go with them. They said they were my secret date and took me to Plaza Azteca where a bunch of other wonderful ladies from the ward were waiting. And Nikki met us there when they got into town. I am so humbled that these ladies would plan something like this out just for me. I love and admire every one of these ladies so much. Kourtney took some better picture but I haven't gotten them from her yet. Everyone put together a big travel bag for us, full of snacks and songs and games and all kind of things to do and idea for our long long drive. It could not have been a better or more thoughtful gift--and they put so much work into it. I am so blessed and so sad to leave behind all of these awesome people. I know everyone must feel this way when they leave somewhere and must feel like it just won't be the same in a new place and neighborhood and ward. Yet somehow I know it all works out and we do find more wonderful people. That's what I keep telling myself, at least.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment