
My constant dream and challenge is to be able to grow things well. I just don't have he natural knack for it, and yet really love trying and the rewards of success every once in awhile. This year, we tried again to do a little garden, which did give us a few pea pods before those dried up. We planted them a little late and it gets so hot so fast here. The beans and corn made cute little plants and that's as far as it went. and the zucchini and pumpkin in the ground almost died and then cam back to life and gave me hope before we decided to take off for more than 3 weeks. They missed me apparently.

I always have a little more luck planting in pots it seems, and our pots were doing all right, but this year I also planted cucumbers and tomatoes in a couple of home made earth boxes that someone had given me. We had to have gotten 30 cucumbers from it before our vacation and both the cucumbers and tomatoes grew about 10 feet high before tipping over. It was awesome. And my zucchini in a pot gave us 2 zucchinis (I know ANYONE can grow zucchini....apparently I am not just anyone.

Anyway these are just basking in the fun of homegrown vegetable. I accepted the fact everything might die if we left for almost a month in the heat of the summer. I did. A friend was so nice to come over and water, but alas, we came home to just a few things surviving. And Kaden asked what happened to our garden and why it's just a bunch of weeds out there....
2 comments:
i'd like to know what you put in pots. I have a bunch of pots--just big flower pots that I'd like to use for veggies, etc. I never know what to put in them though.
Congrats on the things you did grow. It is always a chance... our tomatoes and onions are the only thing we can count on.
Well, you inspired me to plant potted tomatoes this year! I remember in Mt. Home I just made the excuse that I couldn't plant a garden because the housing office wouldn't allow it. But then I saw your potted tomatoes and vowed that I would try it sometime. And now we love picking our tomatoes to cook with!
-Claire
Post a Comment