Friday, March 12, 2010
Run Run Run
My friend is trying to convince me to run a half marathon with her. I know that is easy for all of you superheroes out there. But she came to me with this idea, 5-6 weeks before the marathon, and I have been exercising regularly, but with things like kickboxing, and cycle, and ellyptical--sometimes walking when I want to read a book, and once in awhile jogging a couple of miles. Hardly on my way to 13 miles. The furthest I have ever run was 10 miles and that was ONE time, um,.... about 14 years ago. Anyway, it does sound fun and I WOULD like to do something like that. I get nervous for this bum knee of mine that hasn't been the same since the end of my last pregnancy. And I like to think that full marathons are just plain unhealthy. Right?....Anyway, I've decided, instead I will run a 10K. I found one that gave me almost 6 weeks to train, which happens to be really closeby, so it seemed meant to be. I started to run more the past week or 2 and I have 4 weeks left. I can totally do that right? And that's motivated enough for me, because I have really never even run in a 5K before. You gotta start somewhere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Yes! You can do it! I think that is a great goal. I've never run an official 5K either. My sister has run a few marathons. I think the furthest I would ever attempt is a half marathon. But considering I can barely run for 5 minutes right now, I think I'll start small. Good luck! You'll do great!!! I hope your knee holds up for you.
Awesome, Angela! I'm sure that you can do it if that knee cooperates. Good luck!
-Claire
Awesome Ang! You will do great! I'm sure. I didn't know you were having problems with your knee though. I can't even run because of my hip.
Good Luck. I believe in you! You're one of the healthiest people I know.
just don't get addicted. I ran one 2 summer's ago and loved it! can't wait to do another one and another one. once you do the 10K you will definitely have to do a half. the accomplishment is such a thrill! good luck.
Post a Comment