Monday, October 19, 2009
Get-A-Way
Hmmm. I thought I posted this long ago, but just found it in my drafts. Trav and I got to go away all by ourselves for 2 nights a few weeks ago. We got a free couple of nights in a great cabin for free (except that we did have to go to a sales pitch, presentation, and lots of pressure to invest in this vacation club--but totally worth it). It was cold and rainy, but was SO nice and fun. One of my friends said that they have never left there kids overnight, because they just like them too much. I don't think she was saying anything about us being wrong to do it, but I thought about it anyway for a little while. It is hard for me to leave my kids and I miss them and worry about them feeling abandoned, and worry about my good friend Emily going crazy, and like to call and check on them a lot. But for my kids it was a big adventure--Kaden cried the morning we left, and I was touched until I found out he was crying because it was only going to be 3 days that we were gone! Hmmm. Anyway my point is, it is so nice to spend time with just Travis--just because I like Travis so much and we can fit in so much in so little time, and it's so nice and relaxing and fun, and I totally recommend it to everyone!
This is from our canoe on the lake, the first day we got there. It started raining while we were out on the lake and didn't stop until probably a few days after we were gone...
The fall colors were showing a lot more here than at home. I guess it would be considered the mountains of VA.
The second day we drove to the Luray Caverns. It was an hour and a half drive, and was pricey to go inside, but even being the cheapskates we usually are, we both thought they were totally worth it. These caverns were incredible. And they give you a headset in the beginning, so that you don't have to be part of anyone else's tour. You go at your own pace, and program in the numbers as you get to certain parts. It was a mile and a quarter walk through them, and took us a couple of hours. It was so fun to just relax and take our time and marvel together. Although--we both though many times about how much the kids would love it, mostly Noah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
yay for you guys for going out alone. there is not one thing wrong with that, not at all. :)
Bill and i went to spain for 2 weeks by ourselves this May. And though I missed my kids terribly it was so nice to be with Bill and remember why I like him so much. The only problem now is I keep trying to figure out when we can do it again. he he he
Post a Comment