Monday, October 19, 2009

The best day ever--

Actually I titled this post a bit wrong. It was the best night ever, but the day was the longest I can remember. Just waiting and waiting for the time to arrive....we were even very busy most of the day, but somehow I was aware of every minutes ticking slowly by. I like this sign..."Thanks for coming home". I had other things I was going to write, but that was Kaden's contribution and I thought it was pretty good.
Waiting on the flight line while the jets fly in and taxi....
Micah is a bit traumatized by the loud jets...

Our first glimpse of Trav...
So it's kind of a surreal experience to see your husband for the first time after 4 1/2 months. It probably took a good 3 or 4 days of staring at him and poking him and holding his hand for it to feel in any way real.


Micah wasn't so sure at first. But I really think it was just the sound of the jets added to being 2 hours past bedtime for him. The first thing he did the next morning as soon as he saw his daddy was to run and tackle him.






A complete family at last!! And I am finally posting this after more than two weeks of having him home. To some it up, it Trav had those two weeks off and it was the best two weeks ever. We had so much fun just being together. Now it's back to busy life where each of us has so many other things to worry about, but it's good to at least see each other every day...

4 comments:

Chellayne said...

Awesome!! I am so happy your family is complete again and Travis is home. You made it! And you were great!

Sarah said...

Glad your family is back together! It's a crazy life the Air Force gives us, but one that I love. I'm so proud of all our pilot husbands. Thanks for going Travis and thanks Angela for being a supportive wife/mom! Your kids are adorable and so big! I still picture Noah as 2 years old with Caleb. They are growing up so fast.

Marian said...

i love all those pictures! hurray for husbands!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! You made it! Those signs are funny, too. "Thanks for coming home...?" :) I'm sure Travis didn't need to be thanked. Glad you're all together again.
-Claire