
So I do need to tell about how I lost a sleeping child. We had been the in the Chicago airport for at least 6 hours and Kaden finally fell asleep on the bench and so did Ammon. Trav and I were taking turns strolling through the airport with Micah and trying to get him to sleep again. I had just gotten back, and Trav took Noah to the bathroom. How hard can it be for me? Micah was fussy, but the other 2 were sleeping so I rocked Micah and started reading something on the monitor above me. A few minutes later, this Chinese couple sat down across from me, and I stared at them. I could have sworn that's where Kaden was sleeping. Ammon was still where I remembered and I looked around really quick and asked the couple if they sat on a little boy. Yes, they thought I was weird. Then I started looking a little more frantically and groping in my pockets for my phone so I could call Trav and see if he took Kaden without my knowing. A lady came over as I was dialing and said she heard me asking about a little boy. I think she saw him wander off, maybe when Trav left with Noah, kind of following him in his sleep? She pointed and I saw another lady holding Kaden's hand and walking with him. She saw him wandering and obviously lost and was taking him to one of the check in gates and there was a security person about to page for the parents of a "Kaden Thomas". He does know his last name, but maybe he forgot in his stupor. So the lady who first helped me stood with the other 2 while I ran and got Kaden. How scary is that? And all before Travis got back from the bathroom and knew anything had transpired. . .
6 comments:
Scary.. But the important thing is you got him back..and quickly.
Wow! Very Scary.. you were sure being watched over to have people return him...I would have been in tears and freaking and would've wanted to squeeze him and not let him go when i got him back.
not fun. i think missing kids, even just for a minute, has to be the worst feeling in the world.
Angela~ First, you and Travis are a way cute couple and you look great! Now that story gives me a little anxiety because I have to travel with all four kids by myself in July and to make it worse, our plane leaves at midnight! It's so fun to see how you guys are doing and the fun stuff you do. Your boys are darling! You definately need a little girl though. :)
Well, you didn't tell me about this little episode. Talk about heart-stopping. I hate that feeling even when it's just for a second.
Post a Comment