Thursday, January 22, 2009

Here comes trouble

Our hour to hour battle the past few weeks has been trying to keep this kid off of the stairs. Once in awhile he catches us off guard. We don't notice until we hear an excited squeal as he gets close to the top and starts going faster and faster.

While Trav was gone this last time, he was so persistant, that I just gave up the fight. Once he's at the top, he goes into the bedrooms and plays or stands right there hollering when he wants to come down. So I have tried a few sessions of "practice going down the stairs backwards". So far he has not caught on. . .

He is also suddenly into EVERYTHING every second of every day. Sheesh. I was making lunch the other day and looked down to this sight.....

What a cutie--finding joy in life with every moment. You might also notice he got another haircut, done by myself this time (I hurried while Trav was in the garage--I was so afraid he would just take the clippers to him and butch him). I am not the barber of the family and he was a squirmy wormy, so I was impressed with myself, despite all of the pieces driving me crazy when I look very closely.

6 comments:

leah said...

This is so Alyssa! She has that same joyful squeal and turbo-boost! When she does make it to the playroom, she is just delighted...I have resorted to moving my couch in front of the entryway...Sometimes Alyssa will yell at me because she cannot get by! Cute kids!

:) said...

You need a girl so their hair can grow long enough for you to braid. I loved it when you braided my hair.

Heather said...

a month or so ago max became a total tornado. he can't stay out of mischief. he's into cupboards, drawers, toys, everything. it must be their age and they finally feel adventurous. We finally moved the stair blockade and after a few days max finally would try and go down. now that he's fallen just a few times (just a few stairs), he is so scared of them and won't even try and go down anymore. I guess the stairs lost their novelty.

good luck with the toddler! We gave max a haircut tonight. we do an 8 on top and a 2 on the sides. he was so sad the whole time. poor kiddo.

anyhoo... good blogging. it's fun to read about stacked carrots and such. good thinkin' on that one, by the way.

oh - and you are so awesome at braiding. i was always the one getting braids in my hair so i'm not very good at braiding. i wish i were better so i could do hannah's cute.

ok i'll go now - sorry for the long comment.

Anonymous said...

i love "blogging" with poople who have kids the same age--Brennan is just like this, too (and like Max)! He gets out every pan we own at least twice a day. And I just gave him a haircut, too--Scott held him on his lap while he threw a ball to the boys in the bathtub. For some reason, that kept him still enough!
By the way, he is GORGEOUS!

Marian said...

he is so cute, ang. i love the last picture!

Shauna said...

I just love that smile! He is so cute. I sure miss those busy innocent days at times.